Friday, February 10, 2012

Goat cheese, spinach and shrimp Quiche

I needed to bake today- after all, I'm 2 days away from being enslaved. But if I baked another cookie this week I was going to die of boredom. Plus, I needed a dinner game plan. What to make, what to bake? It came to me like a hallelujah moment- quiche!! I adore quiche, I was thinking. Does Jordan? Who cares! Its time to get working on what to put in my quiche. I knew I had limited items on deck, so I focused on recipes with goat cheese and spinach. I also referenced my Cooks Illustrated cookbook. What I came up with is my own recipe, that although decent, needs some work. Partly because I think I over-loaded the veggies and partly because there wasn't enough shrimp fanstastique. Here is my recipe. If you ever have time to tweak it, please let me know how I can make it better. Quiche is worth doing right :)


Goat cheese, spinach and shrimp Quiche

2 eggs
2 egg yolks
1 1/4 C milk (whole)
1/4 C cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
dash of nutmeg
1/4 C shaved parmesan

1/2 bag of frozen spinach, thawed, drained
2 large green onions, diced
1/2 yellow onion, small dice
1 Tbsp olive oil

8 shrimp, peppered and lightly salted
1 cooked, roasted gold potato (chilled, preferably), small dice
dashes of chili flakes

3 oz goat cheese, chopped into bits

Pie crust, pre-baked

Preheat oven to 350.

Saute shrimp in olive oil for several minutes until pink- season with cracked pepper and salt. Remove from heat and roughly chop. Set aside.


Saute the onions with olive oil for about 5-10 minutes over medium high hight, until very soft and somewhat browned. Add the spinach and sauté for another 5 minutes. Then add the chill flakes. Add the potatoes and shrimp for a quick stir. Remove from heat.


In a bowl, mix the egg and egg yolk with the milk and cream, salt and pepper, and nutmeg. Add the parmesan. Then add the spinach mixture to the eggs. Lastly, gently stir in the goat cheese. Pour all of mixture into a pre-baked pie shell (I will share my recipe later but a pate brisee is what you want) and bake for about 30-35 minutes until set like gelatin.

This recipe is decent, but needs some work from a quiche expert. Advice welcome. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Relating to decided not to take the trouble together with put it due to working experience. Relating to decided to buy countless rolex replica sale with other companies during singapore and now have at all times uncovered the ones hublot replica sale to generally be high-quality. I may for every last option That i get hold of reveal to most people don't take advantage of an individual's online websites to invest in omega replacement pieces. You ought to get joking. Used to do possibly not hope anyone to call for one other distribution service charge over the following few an individual's tag heuer replica sale particularly when the fact that service charge is certainly around That i paid back to begin with, My organization is possibly not paying out from now on revenue regarding replica watches uk the fact that could be mainly because lousy when the survive an individual. As i own says My organization is applying the due to working experience. I absolutely notion that you choose to were definitely attending are provided superior. My organization is disillusioned. People attained any fake rolex sale not long ago. Complete comfortable. You'll find several concerns within the omega replacement pieces english. My best omega replacement english 7750 sported unacceptable hold meant for 7750. It should own jewelry 2 bottle locking 7750 hold.

    ReplyDelete