Tuesday, November 19, 2013

BPD (Banana Pumpkin Date) chocolate chip cookies

Forever searching for good "healthy" cookie recipes, I ran into a recipe that looked promising. I made a few ingredient swaps to include my 3 current obsessions - bananas, pumpkin, and dates - and think I have a winner. Not sure it will pass the picky-kid test, as it has visible oats, but for those of you who know what you are getting into, I think you'll love these. It's gluten-free, egg free, and refined sugar free. I'm so proud of myself. They are so good, and good for you.  Give 'em a try next time you have a cookie craving.


Ingredients:

2 large bananas, ripe, mashed
1/4 C melted coconut oil
2 cups rolled oats
1/3 C unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 C pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
6 large dates, chopped
heaping 1/2 C chocolate chips

Prep:

Preheat oven to 350. Chop dates into small pieces and set aside. Mash banana in large bowl. To the bananas, add the rest of the ingredients including the dates. Stir well to combine.

Scoop dough into 2-3 Tbsp portions, and bake for about 12 minutes. Then, go ahead and love them.

Some yummy additions: try adding chia seeds, cacao nibs or skip the chocolate altogether and add raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment